Over the years, I have been quoted or interviewed by various publications as an expert on climate and energy policy. Broadcast media interviews have included BBC, ITV, Sky News and Reuters television, particularly during the UN climate change summit that led to the Paris Agreement in 2015 and earlier in my career while at WWF and Friends of the Earth (see ‘youthful’ photo below!).
Despite being a board member of the3million, I chose not to act frequently as a spokesperson as I prefer to focus on my climate and energy core area of expertise, but here is an example where I did – as an opinion piece author on Huffington Post.
Here is a very limited sample of quotes over the years:
- The Guardian, 2015: India unveils climate change plan
- Blue and Green Tomorrow, 2015: COP21: New draft climate change agreement online
- Edie.net, 2015: COP21 – Latest draft drawn up in Paris
- AllAfrica, 2015: World leaders meet to finalise climate agreement
- Business Green: 2015: Ministers to work through night in pursuit of compromise deal
And further back in time….
- Associated Press, 2004: Russia breathes new life into climate treaty
- Financial Times, 2006: Ministers reject plans for biggest wind farm
- The Telegraph, 2006: UK above quota, Germany within
- The Guardian, 2006: Governments accused of giving industries permission to pollute
- Politics.co.uk, 2006: Questions raised over EU emissions trading
- Edie.net, 2006: Governments standing in the way of step change on energy
- Ethical consumer, 2006: Climate meltdown